Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lord of the Rings Solution

Sometimes I wish I was in Lord of the Rings. Because if those guys have a problem they find a SOLUTION!

And it's usually a solution involving attractive men in plate armor and riding horses... sometimes involving lofty elves and stocky dwarves.

If Aragorn was with me right now... I probably wouldn't be writing this post... but if he were with me and I wasn't attracted to him I would have him solve all my problems.

Him: "You are having a problem with another young lady in your class?"

Me: "Yes I am. She called me stupid. And she's not a lady! She's a fat and ugly witch!"

Him: "Well I shall avenge your intelligence!"

And then he'd run off and behead her in some fantastic battle with 2,000 men.

Her true form would look something like this:



I drew that really quick, it's pretty good for a caricature. :)

For me, my problem is indecision. So if Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn wanted to come and tackle that problem for me... that would be wonderful.

When I start to think too hard about going to medical school, I start to wonder if there is anything else I can do.

I wanted to be writer, I wanted to be a filmmaker, I wanted to be a lawyer, I wanted to be a journalist, I wanted to do... anything you can think of! I'm pretty sure I've wanted to be in the Lord of the Rings movies (which are already made, but I can dream).

But for some reason I've settled on doctor.

I know a lot of my posts are about this, but Halloween seems an appropriate time to talk about this kind of thing.

Since it's the day where you pretend to be something you're not.

I feel like going to medical school will be like the battle of Helm's Deep. Work and reading will be on one side of the wall, the men of Rohan, and I will be like the Uruk-Hai, attempting to scramble over the giant wall so that I can finish off all the work I have to do.


And sadly if we're looking at it that way... Aragorn and Gimli and Legolas will not be on my side, they will be effectively fighting against me... which at this rate my metaphor is failing because now I'm losing. So I'm going to go and try and figure out a new way to explain this.

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment