Monday, November 1, 2010

SQUIRRELS!

I have always wondered why they put a giant wall of windows in classrooms.

I have ADHD. Giving me an open window with trees and grass and squirrels is a terrible idea, you expect me to choose which is more interesting to look at?

You, professor, or SQUIRRELS?

I think you know who would win.

Squirrels demand more of my attention. I have to focus in order to watch them coil their tiny bodies to jump onto the tree in the foreground of my sight. I need to pay attention in order to have a staring match with it as he clings to the side of the tree, moving his jaw back and forth like a rabbit with palsy.

You, on the other hand, stand in the same place and drone about fiction.

I know all about fiction. I read it... all the time...

Of course at least I can look at squirrels and other interesting furry creatures in your class, fiction teacher.

You are far better than economics teacher that prefers to stand at the bottom of a little, dark auditorium and talk.

HE TALKS.

I know this seems normal, oh, professors talk all the time.

But when you talk for 50 minutes straight in a dark, warm room... most likely I'm going to sleep. Because those are the conditions to make me sleep.

Do you honestly think anyone pays attention in your class?

Hmm?

Oh you're asking a question? We're all shopping online for shoes or a new coat or maybe a new way to remove you from your position as economics professor.

Me?

I spend all 50 minutes either sleeping or posting on this blog. Sometimes I even catch up on the sleep that you deprive me from when I have to teach myself what you fail to.

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment