Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Christmas, Driving and Voting (Not at the same time.)

First. Happy November! I didn't say it yesterday but today I decided to. Do you know what this means? This means that IT'S THAT MUCH CLOSER TO CHRISTMAS!

We are currently only separated from Christmas by one nationally recognized holiday.

(Not discounting Ramadan or Hanukkah. It's just that if I count them then I will be sad, because that's too many holidays! So for you, other world religions, you also only have one nationally recognized holiday before your holiday too... you see we get Christmas Break, not breaks for the other ones because as of 2000, 78.5% of the United States is Christian, and then there are a lot more who celebrate Christmas who are agnostic or atheist because it's a Hallmark holiday as well.)

Okay now that was a rant! Anyways, so one national holiday. Christmastime is my favorite time of year. I know it's silly to be talking about it now! But my Christmas spirit picks up once it gets to October. :) You don't understand how much I love Christmas.

It's the time of year where I spend the most time with my father. Who is the only family member I ever have around.

This is what Christmas means to me:

Christmas = decorating Christmas trees, getting presents, being with my dad, Christmas traditions like The Nutcracker and A Christmas Carol, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Donovan's Reef and many more...

All that, plus the birth (celebration of the birth anyways, he was born in the summer) of my Savior! Wow! That's one awesome holiday for me!

Of course it also means that my bestie bestest best best friend will be here (hopefully). :))))

I started thinking about all this when I was driving to Columbia today after voting. (I'm registered to vote in Kansas City still so I had to made the trek back!) I hate driving back, it's so long, but thinking about how close we are to Christmas just made it worth it.

I'm transferring at the end of this semester.

It hurts my heart to think that I'll be leaving this place. I love it here. But I think that it will be better for me in the end to transfer.

I don't have many friends here. And while having one good friend is better than having a bunch of shallow friends... I feel like I've gone back to high school, everyone is catty and horrible to each other... and I'm not like that.

Anyways, I was driving back Monday morning (I've made two trips to KC in the past 48 hours) and I saw a deer on the side of the road.

I watch him and he watched me, it was like a stare down and the only thing I could do was scream:

NO BAMBI NO! DON'T RUN OUT INTO THE ROAAAD!!

That's my story for the day.

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment