Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cheetos and the Giant Chair

I love Cheeto Puffs.

It is an irrefutable fact that Cheeto Puffs are the greatest junk food of all time. It doesn't matter if you're a Cheeto junkie or just a bored college student with a love of cheese, they are always wonderful.

Me? I like to lick off the cheesy stuff before I eat them. I don't know why, apparently I just like to destroy my taste buds.

What brings this to my attention is that I have a giant bag of these delectable objects next to me on my giant chair.

There is some dispute over the possessor of the giant chair in my house. My father seems to think it is his. But much like a cat, I own everything secretly and he just doesn't know it.

My father is a reasonably predictable man. He likes order (obsessively) and cleanliness (at least HE flushes the toilet) and he likes to watch the news for two hours from 5-7 PM. Every day.

Which means that I get the massive chair until he sits down for 5 hours to watch the news and/or Westerns.

Of course he's also predictable in the fact that he gets up from said massive chair from time to time... in which time I leap up from my place on the big green couch and throw myself into the warm spot he left behind.

This is the point that he and I begin to have problems. I will fold myself up happily in the spot to watch the news... and he will return from whatever he was doing. This usually results in the following conversation:

Dad: "You're in my chair."

Me: "Yes I am."

Dad: "Get up."

Me: "But I'm sitting in it."

Dad: "I don't care, I want to sit in it. It's my chair." *rattles glass of ice*

Me: "But I don't want to get up."

Dad: "Get. Up."

Me: "But daaaaad~"

Dad: "Up!"

And then I will be forcefully ejected from my giant chair, only because Dad is much bigger and stronger than me... and I assume that if I don't give him my seat he will sit on me... which he has done before when I refused to get up.

It hurt.

He's heavy.

Now I'm sitting in MY chair with a bag of Cheetos. I'm not allowed to have candy or soda anymore. Not that this stops me very often from eating candy but I certainly have tapered off of soda. So I have been forced into junk food. Cheetos, Lays, Fritos, Doritos... and Easy Mac.

Which may not actually be junk food. Easy Mac is the staple food for a college student, isn't it?

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

2 comments:

  1. have you had cheddar chex mix? auhmazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha.

    I could actually picture it in my head. Mostly because I've seen it happen.

    <3

    ReplyDelete