Monday, November 8, 2010

Les Miserable (Lay Miz-er-ab)

When you were in college there was always that one kid in your class that you hated more than anyone else.

Be they obnoxiously self satisfied, or just plain obnoxious, they got on your nerves.

That kid is also the kid that likes to interrupt the teacher in order to make a statement that has nothing to do with what you're talking about... it's usually an anecdotal analogy that will most likely start some kind of a back and forth conversation between the professor and this "intelligent person".

You always assume that these people are attempting to boost their self esteem because they are trying to make others look stupid.

It's usually these people, however, that make themselves look stupid, because they don't seem to understand that NO ONE CARES!

No one cares that your grandmother from Russia came to America and then went back and left all of the stuff behind.

No one cares that your uncle is from England.

NO ONE CARES THAT YOU ARE UNEDUCATED!

Unless your story has some tie in to the story, or helps qualify your statement, no one cares about them.

If I say "The conditions were rough in Vietnam." And someone asked me how I knew, I could say. "My dad is a Vietnam vet."

I would not go into some long winded round-about story.

You know those stories, right?

The ones where at the end of the story you wonder what they were talking about before the story started?

Yeah, those are the stories these people come out with.

Of course as I'm saying all this I start to realize that this is exactly what I am doing.

Once you get to the end of this post you will be wondering why you wasted your life reading it...

Maybe that's what I planned... :)

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment