Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sororities and Harry Potter

Harry Potter is coming out soon. If you haven't already figured this out: I'm a huge nerd, and Harry Potter is probably my favorite thing in the entire world.

In fact if I could make an entire blog about Harry Potter I totally would, but I feel it would become a little redundant after a while.

Anyways so my goal for the next two and a half weeks is this:

Re-read all seven Harry Potter books and watch all 6 movies.

Considering how much free time I have, this won't be hard.

Except here is the problem: I would rather do these things than do homework. :) I wish Harry was here so he could just magic my homework done. (Not that they could do that in the HP universe, it's just a nice dream.)

This strangely leads me into my next point of interest. I am going to spend tomorrow night with a sorority in Kansas City who I may be recruited for.

Now if you know me, you know that I have wanted to be in a sorority more than anything else in the entire world. I just love the idea of sisterhood and having a huge family and lots of friends. For some reason I've just never had those things.

Plus I feel like sororities can actually give you a step up. Some pretty famous and powerful people were in fraternities and sororities.

I'm hoping going to UMKC will be a whole new beginning for me. I keep looking for new beginnings and I've never yet had a fresh one. This one feels like it will be. I'll be in classes with people I don't know, on a campus I don't know... it will be completely different from Stephens. I'll have anonymity and I'll be able to be myself with such a variety of people.

I feel like this school is trying to smother everything individual about me.

I'm crazy, I like to play video games, I like to read Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. My favorite book is The Hobbit and I play Kingdom Hearts II on a regular basis. I like to watch football and baseball and I tend to scream at umps and refs that make bad calls.

And for some reason... all those things make me a weird person here.

So you can't like fashion AND video games? I can't know the rules of football AND shop on Modcloth?

Who says?

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment