Friday, November 5, 2010

Crazy Drivers and Yelling at Grandma

I drive. A lot.

It's ridiculous how much I drive, for example: in the past week I've driven to Kansas City Friday night, back to Columbia Monday morning, back to Kansas City Monday afternoon, back to Columbia Tuesday afternoon, back to Kansas City last night and back to Columbia this morning.

So I see a lot of crazy things.

I see people driving at 40 mph on I-70 and people getting pulled over by State Troopers left and right.

I've seen two hour long traffic back-ups, usually because of someone making a stupid decision, like texting while driving. I've also clocked 1:32 to get into Kansas City, which is the approximate time it takes to get from Columbia to Kansas City, barring slow drivers and road hazards.

This morning I was driving along and suddenly someone slammed on their brakes. This meant I had to slam on my brakes, I wasn't going to rear end this stupid human being, and immediately slap the hazard lights (that's what those blinky lights are called, if you don't know).

Of course the semi-truck that had been following behind me fairly closely nearly totaled my car. I could feel the adrenaline, I was scared that I was suddenly going to be crushed. Fortunately he swerved off into the other lane before he hit me, but there for a moment it looked like I was going to die.

Wouldn't that be sad, no more entertaining posts for all of you. :)

But my point is this: WHY DO THEY GIVE THESE PEOPLE DRIVERS LICENSES!?!?

Do they pay the officer? Because I couldn't get away with anything with my lady-cop that was riding with me. (I wanted to say something else, lady cops are really mean... if you're a nice lady cop please come talk to me, I'd like to meet you.)

But because they give these people licenses I am forced to sit in my car, fuming about how stupid people are.

Honestly.

If you're going to turn RIGHT turn your RIGHT signal on.

Oh? You don't know where your signal is?

YOU SEE THAT BLACK BAR ON THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR STEERING WHEEL? THAT ROUND THING YOU HOLD ON TO IN ORDER TO MOVE YOUR CAR?! YES! THAT! IT'S CALLED A TURN SIGNAL! IF YOU PUSH IT UP THE RIGHT LIGHT COMES ON! IF YOU PUSH IT DOWN THE LEFT ONE DOES!

USE IT!

I shouldn't have to tense up every time I see your brake lights come on. I have this intense fear the idiots around me are going to turn or stop or do something else equally stupid.

I don't mind people that speed. Really I don't, at least I know they won't stop suddenly. They're trying to get somewhere. And REALLY trying to GET somewhere!

However, there is one group of drivers I refuse to let myself become upset over.

These are seniors. There is something wrong with shouting obscenities at a senior citizen.

Teenagers? Fine. Young adults? OK. Adults? Yeah.

Seniors? I don't think I'd like someone shouting at my grandmother. Even if she did drive at 15 miles per hour in a 35. I mean honestly, you'd be mad at someone shouting at your parent... but your grandma? She's 92 with a handicapped sticker! You must want to be taken off of Santa's nice list!

I'm pretty sure shouting at old people should be outlawed.

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment